The band will be back in full operation this summer, with performances of our new programme, The Plains of Waterloo. The Napoleonic Wars left a deep imprint on British folk culture, and our programme brings together some of the many songs and dance tunes which celebrated and lamented the long conflict,and its bloody culmination at Waterloo. The music is accompanied by readings from the soldiers who vividly recorded their experiences of the battle in journals and letters home. Before Waterloo we pay a visit to the new Southend Maritime Festival,and we're taking bookings for The Holly and the Ivy at the end of the year. So we hope to see you in 2015 !
· recent and upcoming gigs ·
· Sunday, June 7th 2015 - Southend Maritime Festival 2015
· Saturday, June 13th 2015 - The Plains of Waterloo
· Sunday, June 14th 2015 - Private Waterloo party
· Thursday, June 18th 2015 - The Plains of Waterloo
· Saturday, June 20th 2015 - Waterloo Commemoration, Bexhill Hanoverian Study Group
· Sunday, June 21st 2015 - The Plains of Waterloo
· Wednesday, December 16th 2015 - The Holly and the Ivy
· Friday, May 20th 2016 - Leeds Castle
· Saturday, June 4th 2016 - Thomas Hardy birthday celebration
· Saturday, October 1st 2016 - Somers Traditional Folk Club
· Friday, October 7th 2016 - Cranborne Village Hall
· Saturday, October 8th 2016 - Milborne Port Village Hall, Springfield Road, Milborne Port
· Sunday, October 9th 2016 - Langton Matravers Village Hall
· Tuesday, October 11th 2016 - Ringwood Folk Club,The Elm Tree, Hightown
· Friday, December 8th 2017 - Milborne Port Village Hall, Springfield Road, Milborne Port , nr. Sherborne, Somerset, DT9 5RE, The Holly and the Ivy.
To book the band, please contact us.